Wednesday, July 23, 2014

A Sunday ride


The day started early. I told my wife I wanted to take her to a great spot for breakfast. What I didn't tell her was that restaraunt was 2 hours away. We got up and ready. It was a beautiful sunny day and look to be perfect for riding. We geared up and headed out.
From Vancouver WA we headed down I-205 and connected to I-84. I'm not a huge fan of interstates but heading east out of of Portland on I84 is truly amazing. As you leave Troutdale and get in to the Columbia Gorge. I think that it is one of the most beautiful places on earth. The Columbia river on the left and steep cliffs on the right. We headed out to The Dalles and ate at Cosuins restaraunt. It a great local joint that has a good breakfast and amazing cinnamon rolls.
We shared a very tasty omelate and decoyed to hit the road. From The Dalles we headed east out to Biggs and crossed the Columbia River. Biggs is a nice crossing because unlike some of the other crossings there is no tolls at Biggs. From Biggs we headed south on SR14. SR14 is a great road that mirrors I84 but is only 2 lanes most of the way.
It also goes through some great little towns that flow up to the edge of the Columbia River. We wondered through great little towns like White Salmon and Stevenson. All together we did about 220 mile. It was a great Sunday ride to breakfast.

No comments:

Post a Comment